Sunday, December 13, 2009

Blessings

“Count your blessings, name them one by one. Count your blessings see what God has done!”
Johnson Oatman, Jr., 1856-1922

Today is Mark’s birthday. Traditionally we give gifts to the one having the birthday, but I feel like the gift has been given to me. He is amazing and I am so grateful that God sent him my way. I tend to make things so complicated and he is so not complicated. Many times at home I will come upon him and he is just sitting quietly. (I don’t really have that ability!) I will frequently ask him what he is thinking about. Quite often, the answer will be, “Oh, I was just thinking about the goodness of God.” He is such a reality check for me – while I am compiling a list of worries, he is counting his blessings.

Thank you, Lord for sending me a Godly man. Happy birthday Mark! You are such a blessing to me; I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment