Monday, March 22, 2010

Recipe #5 - Crunchy Beef Bake

I got home from work early today so thought I would try a new recipe. I found this recipe in a Taste of Home magazine.

CRUNCHY BEEF BAKE

Table of Contents:
2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
1 pound ground beef
¾ cup chopped green pepper
1 garlic clove, minced
1 can (14 ½ ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
1 can (1 ¾ ounces) cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 can (2.8 ounces) French-fried onions

(Forgot to take pictures before I whipped this up!)

How To:
Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, brown beef, green pepper and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and green pepper is tender; drain fat. Drain pasta; add to the beef mixture with tomatoes, soup, cheese and salt. Transfer to a greased 2qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with onions and bake 5 minutes longer.

The Result:
I have been searching for a “knock your socks off, wow, this is so good" recipe. This was not it. It was very easy to make but I’m glad I did not expend a lot on energy on it. Mark’s comment: “Well, it’s edible.”

The search continues.

(It wasn't a total bust. The low-fat package mix blueberry muffins were delicious!)

No comments:

Post a Comment