Friday, October 22, 2010

"De-vine" Design - Revisited

Back early in garden season 2010 my pursuit of a "de-vined" yard began.  About 5 big bottles of Round-up later I still can't declare victory in the war, but I have won a few major battles!

Here are a few pictures taken back in the Spring:

 South side of house - front yard side of fence


North side of yard, back yard side of fence


And here are some pictures taken this month:

South side of house - front yard side of fence!!!  I pulled a little burmudagrass out of this area today, but no vines in sight!  Ready to plant something in this space.

 North side of yard, back yard side of fence - I think it will take another season of chemical warfare on that trumpet vine back in the corner.


North side of yard, back yard side of fence - "de-vined"  - at least for today!

It has been a productive garden season.  There is still so much to do, but I'm trying to focus on what has been accomplished.  I worked for about 3 hours out there today doing some fall clean-up.  Then I allowed myself a little time to just sit and enjoy some of the beauty.

Here are some divine photos from the fall garden:

I guess I don't already have enough to do in the garden so decided to lay a path out in my daylily bed!  Thanks to The Drummer Guy for carting 25 HEAVY stones out here for me.  Still need to sink them in the ground.

 Found a few blooms in the forsythia today.  I've never seen that in October before.








No comments:

Post a Comment