Sunday, October 10, 2010

True Love

Today The Drummer Guy took me to Botanica.  In the rain.  And then the lightning and thunder kicked  in as we strolled the paths under the umbrella he was holding over our heads.  Is that true love, or what?

It was a beautiful, wet wonderland.  There is just something about a lovely garden that soothes my soul.  Every time I go Botanica I wish that my garden looked better.  Then I have to remind myself that they have full time staff members and dozens of volunteers and generous financial resources that keep their gardens looking so fantastic.  And then I have to remind myself that I have a job.  And a house.  And other things to do in life.

If anyone thinks that a garden just comes together and it doesn't take a lot of money and sometimes back-breaking work to make it happen, they are wrong.  I noticed this past week when I was in the library that there are a lots of books on how to make a "low maintenance" garden.  Do NOT be deceived.  Beautiful gardens  portrayed by the pictures in those books don't just happen.  And sometimes you wonder if it is worth it, but other times it so is.

For today I am going to give myself a break and just enjoy the splendor of God's creation and thank The Drummer Guy for taking me for a walk in the rain.

Below are some pictures from our outing.






No comments:

Post a Comment