Monday, April 5, 2010

Accessorizing

Every woman knows that accessories are the key to a well pulled together, fashionable ensemble. My gardening outfit is one that others could only dream of!

The basic foundation of this little number is a big t-shirt (courtesy of Mark) and a pair of jeans that are a size too big. It just gets better from here.

Look at these great shoes I found today for $3.50. They are called Muckers and they are actually pretty comfortable. Great for slipping on and off when I need to run in the house! Also,I can just rinse the mud right off.


I lost my pruners Saturday (actually, I lost 2 pairs!) So we made a trip to Lowe's after church on Sunday and found these great bright red handled pruners. Maybe they will be easier to keep track of. But it gets better . . .
Mark bought me a holster to put them in. Is that great, or what?!?!?
Add my stylin' sunglasses that fit over my regular glasses . . .
And my awesome sun hat (modeled here by the Basset Butler!)


Put all of these items together and I have a gardening ensemble that screams, Send In the Clowns!! Sorry - no photos of the complete outfit today - or ever!
Today I worked some more on the wildflower bed. One load to the dump this morning and another on the truck ready to go. I am beat but making progress!

Here are some before pics of the area worked on today:



Here are a few after shots:


(Lots of daylilies and other perennials that can be divided and moved around to fill in some bare spots.)



It's getting better! But still so much to do.

1 comment:

  1. I love it, every girls needs accessories!Yours are perfect! I love all the progress you are making and can't wait to see it all in bloom!

    ReplyDelete