Friday, April 16, 2010

Cookin' Up a Storm

This is unbelievable! Not only have I cooked 4 times this week, I have made 4 new recipes. I don't know what has happened to me. Mark is just filling up his plate and not asking any questions.

I stumbled upon this crockpot recipe online late last night while I was looking for something else. I had all of the ingredients and it looked so easy, I decided to give it a try today. Here is Recipe #10. Oh, My!!!
.
SWEET & SPICY CHICKEN
.
Table of Contents:

How To:
Spray crockpot with cooking spray. Now, pay close attention to these complicated instructions: Place chicken breasts in crockpot - you don't even have to thaw them. Cover with 1 cup of the salsa. Top with 1 cup of brown sugar (I don't think I used that much - just threw some in.) That's it - turn the crockpot on low and get on with your day.
.
The Outcome:
Did I already say "Oh, My"?!?!? This was so incredibly easy AND soooooo YUM!! I put it together about 10AM. At about 4:30PM it was fall apart when you touch it with a fork done. I shredded it right in the crock pot, stirred it up with the juices, then just let it sit in the pot while I went out and mowed the lawn. I served it on tortillas with refried beans, sour cream, and shredded Mexican blend cheese. I think it would also be really good served over rice or pasta.
You gotta make this. I may have to make this every week!

No comments:

Post a Comment