Friday, April 30, 2010

Directionally Challenged Drummer Guy Learns a Lesson

By YOUR words I can see where I'm going; they throw a beam of light on my dark path. Psalm 119:105 (The Message!)

The Bible study Janis and I are currently participating in is studying the letters to the seven churches in Revelation. Our challenge for this week was to choose a verse, or a thought, to intentionally focus on during the coming week. Psalm 119:105 is the verse I chose. Friday at work I saw my Heavenly Father - probably smiling - speak to me concerning this verse.

I needed to make a delivery with an Inman, Kansas address. Inman is a little town about 15-20 miles away. As usual, because I'm directionally challenged, I took a Garmin with me. I entered the address and took off, expecting the Garmin to tell me to head out of town the way I though I should go, and the way I thought was fastest. SURPRISE!! - It said to head in the opposite direction. But I thought, as is sometimes the case with a GPS, the Garmin was wrong. So I went my own familiar route. But I kept hearing the Garmin say, "RECALCULATING". I heard that so many times, I finally just turned it off. When I got to Inman I turned it on again only to find that it had not changed its mind and it kept telling me to go back the direction it had been telling me all along. Although it was an Inman address, the location of the house was out in the country. The Garmin was RIGHT!!! If I had listened I would have saved myself 14 miles of unnecessary driving.

I laughed and thought how GOD's ways don't always make sense to me. I go my own way only to learn I was wrong and HIS ways are right and good. I hope I've learned a valuable lesson about trusting HIM! HE knows best!

No comments:

Post a Comment