Monday, April 26, 2010

New Recipe Night!

My good friend Debbi makes this fantastic Tomato Bisque. I’ve asked her for the recipe 2 times and now I can’t find it. She created the recipe based on a soup a local restaurant serves. As best I can remember, here is the basic recipe:

Tomato Bisque Soup
4 cans tomato bisque soup
1 can Rotel Tomatoes
Velveeta cheese
6 T of rice
Onion
Carrots
Celery
Milk or water to desired thickness

Mark likes a soup with a little meat/chicken in it, so here is my spin on Debbi’s recipe:

KICKIN' CHICKEN & TOMATO BISQUE

Table of Contents:
2 cans Tomato Bisque soup
1 can Rotel Tomatoes (I used original)
1 medium onion – diced
6 oz. cooked chicken
EVOO
1 cup milk
2 oz Velveeta
3 T Minute Rice

(I didn’t take any pictures of the ingredients because when I first started cooking the onions I still had no idea what I was fixing for dinner.)

How To:
In medium size pan, heat EVOO over medium high heat; sauté onion until golden brown. Add chicken and cook together for a few minutes. Stir in canned soup, Rotel tomatoes and milk. Bring to boil and add rice. Decrease heat and simmer for 5-10 minutes to cook rice. Stir in Velveeta cheese to melt.

The Outcome:
You will note the original recipe used 4 cans of the soup with 1 can of Rotel. I only had 2 cans of the soup but still used the whole can of Rotel. (I couldn’t waste it!!) When I tasted the first spoonful of this, I thought, “Oh, tomato-y”. Then my brain caught up with my taste buds and I said, “Whoa, that has a kick!” (That’s when I added the “Kickin” to the name of the recipe.) Mark and I both really like this soup and I will definitely make it again. I asked Mark for a quote about this recipe, but he was sweating and had to go get a cold drink. I’ll take that as a compliment!

It is only the end of April and I am half way through The Resolution with my new recipe I made for supper tonight!! I just might see this through!

(Check out other great recipes at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam's Tasty Tuesday!)

No comments:

Post a Comment