Sunday, April 4, 2010

Recipe #6 - Orange Juice Cake

When I was young I had an aunt who always made this fabulous cake with orange flavored frosting for birthdays. It was so yummy. So I was really excited when I found this recipe for:

Orange Juice Cake

Table of Contents:
1 yellow cake mix
1 pkg. instant vanilla pudding
1 tsp. orange extract
3/4 cup orange juice
1/2 cup oil
4 eggs
(There really are 4 eggs in that bowl!)

How To:
Mix all ingredients. Beat for 2 minutes. Baked in greased bundt pan for 50-60 minutes at 325 degrees. Cool on baking rack for 10 minutes and remove from pan. Allow to cool completely and top with orange juice glaze.

Glaze:
1 cup powdered sugar
1-2 Tbsp. orange juice
Mix and drizzle over cooled cake.

The Result:
This cake was pretty good, but lacked the intense orange flavor I was hoping for. It just tasted like a moist yellow cake and really didn't have much of an orange taste at all. I took it to my Mom's for Easter and we ate about 1/2 of it. The rest goes to work with Mark tomorrow. Would I make this again? Probably not!

No comments:

Post a Comment